First to market with new ideas
We are proud of our heritage as innovators – people who take the time to understand what our trade customers need and what will help their businesses.
Did you know?
- Environmental awareness is in our DNA, we used to be known as Smiths Industries Environmental Controls Company.
- We have always enjoyed the backing and support of multinational parent companies, and used to be part of global technology leader Smiths Industries.
- We are now, logically, part of the European Theben Group, and are proud to have been chosen as their UK partner.
- We maintain R&D and a small manufacturing presence in the UK, and our parent company has a large factory in Germany. We also share with our customers the cost benefits of Far Eastern overseas production where appropriate.
- We were the first UK company to manufacture and launch a single gang RCD switched socket onto the market.
- We made the very first Economy 7 meters – and continue to help people to benefit from off-peak prices with our latest generation of electronic Eco7 controllers.
- In the 1980s, we pioneered electronic heating controllers with boost functions with our Centroller range of controls, fitted by all the leading boilers manufacturers.
- We were first to market in the UK with affordable time control for domestic use, introducing the original plug-in controllers.
- We introduced PIR lighting to the UK mass market, and continue to lead the way with superb energy-saving LED models.
- Our sister company HTS was the inventor of highly-sensitive presence detection that is used in sophisticated building control.
- We took outside power seriously, adding design edge and secure, safe enclosures that accommodate modern needs for so much more than a single socket.
- We continue to invest in KNX, the open and manufacturer-independent standard which we believe to be the way forward for building control.
- We have always been on the installer’s side – and our combination of designs that make fitting easier and informative packaging keep us streets ahead of the competition.